Oh Punk

Superbowl Sunday makes me sick...

There's no question about it, I'm a devout Atlanta Falcons fan. Season after season, I've endured it all. Jeff George, Jamal Anderson, Andre Reisen, Deion, even Bobby F'cking Hebert.

Not only do I love my Falcons, I love the NFL -- I even carry a Sharpie's marker in my sock. I'm not one to know 3rd string quarterbacks however I'm hardly a seasonal NFL fanboy.

But Superbowl fan. They're a whole new breed of posers.

That's why Superbowl Sunday always makes me sick like a bulimic at the Luxor buffet. It's kind of like going to church on Chirstmas -- you know, the one day of the year when you can never get a seat. Where are all the other fans during the regular season? I didn't see anyone watching the Minnesota at Green Bay game on November 21st.

So you can't but understand why I get upset when random people such as old ladies at the grocery store, miscellaneous females friends who hate football during the regular season, and even nice people such as my parents say "I can't wait for the Superbowl!"

Can't wait for what?

Fuck! Pardon my french. Do these people even know what's going on? The bandwagon needs to stop. It really does. I'm totally boycotting next year's Superbowl (unless Atlanta makes it of course...)

Ugh. If I could have had my way, I would've watched Collateral tonight -- and I really really hate Tom Cruise.

I'm also disgruntled that out of my friend base, I couldn't get a solid group to make the 3 hour trek from Toronto to Detroit to revel with Superbowl partiers and thugged out Gang bangers alike. *sigh* My friends have all become homos.

There are 3 comments:



At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Dan O'Malley said...

The Superbowl as god awful this year. :-(

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous lillex said...

hey, the nachos, pizza, and chicken were pretty good! And the Sodoku Challenge ... Chin: "Done"

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

The super bowl did suck -- but -- Jerome finally got a deserved ring.

As for nacho, pizza and chicken. Yes. Yes they were. But... I'm saying rather than football I would have rather watched Collateral or played Generals!

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.