Oh Punk

Rest in Peace Kirby

Can you believe it? Kirby Puckett, the loveable, Hall of Hame Minnesota Twins outfielder died at the young age of 45.

I don't normally have admiration nor respect for today's sports stars, but Kirby was different. His personality, charm and good nature always jumped at you through the tv whenever you saw him give an interview or even play for that matter.

Always laughing, Kirby was truly a good guy. With a career batting average of .318, six gold gloves, 10 All-Star appearances and two World Series rings, he retired from baseball in 1995 due to glaucoma which later led to blindness in his left eye.

It's a shame I can't attend his funeral -- I would love to pay my respects to a man who left me with so many fond childhood sport memories.

Keep on smiling Kirby!

There are 2 comments:



At 10:42 PM, Anonymous BSUID=1kmonster said...

Yah, Kirby was a class act. Remember when he robbed that homer, I believe it was in the 87' World Series? How the hell did that big little man get up so high. A really cool sports hero. Not like what we have in San Fran.

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Well Barry Bonds was a class act at one point too -- I think all that hanging out with Bobby Bonilla caused problems.

Poor Kirby!

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.