Oh Punk

Rupert Jee in the House!

Is it me, or does Rupert Jee have this "Hurry up and take the picture you fucking g'wai lo" look in every fan shot that he does (Example 1, Example 2, Example 3, Example 4, etc)?

I swear Rupert, the next time I'm in NYC and pop into the Hello Deli, I'm busting out my camera, taking a pic with you and you're going to smile -- and smile like you mean it. I don't care if you hate the fame, you're doing it. I'm a big fan!

Anyhow, I was skimming through Chin's site, and he miraculously managed to post some historical Rupert Jee gold tonight!

For those of you who aren't in the know -- I never knew I had Taliban crew reading my blog -- Rupert Jee is the owner of a small deli just down the street from the Ed Sulivan Theatre in New York City -- conveniently where Dave Letterman film's his Late Show for CBS.

Letterman and Jee are boys (translation: "Letterman and Jee are good friends...")

Back in 1994, Letterman dressed Rupert Jee with an oldschool foam cap, some thick-ass glasses and wired him with a hidden camera, an ear piece and microphone. The duo then drove around NYC doing all sorts of crazy shit. Rupert would pull pranks all directed by Letterman from a nearby parked car.

I'm shocked Rupert Jee never got jumped. Seriously.

It was comedic gold! It still is. In fact, until today, I've only seen each of these videos once, yet remember them in full - 12 years later! I've been searching for these videos for the past 11 years - and finally got my hands on them! Yes!!!! Wow!

This mini-segment on the Letterman show was absolutely definitive in at least my early script writing and story telling abilities. Pure inspirational!

I don't care what you see on late night network TV nowadays, but as Chin said, there's not much that can trump these!

And if you don't find them funny, I suggest going back to here (I've been there by the way and it sucks, I even got a picture of myself touching John Harvard's shoe - and getting punched out infront of here. Dear: John Harvard, your school is so dry -MIT son.. MIT!)

Now, without any further delays, in streaming format - check my Celica in the delarship (I miss my car):

RUPERT JEE pulling pranks with Dave Letterman - VIDEO 1

RUPERT JEE pulling pranks with Dave Letterman - VIDEO 2

I'm LACTOSE in-tolerant! See you later suckers!!!

There are 9 comments:



At 5:37 AM, Anonymous BSUID=1 said...

Great blog!
Kiss Kiss!
Fabry

 
At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Fabry said...

sorry!

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous angela said...

I remember these!

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous scottiesingleton@yahoo.se said...

you know what: i love these clips, but i can't seem to get them to work properly.
question: i thought they did this plenty of times, didn't they?
i love you.
(really?)
ah, what the hell, love thy neighbor

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous chin said...

here's the pic of shaun and i at the library at Harvard. the plan was supposed to be the both of us jumping as the picture was taken. instead, shaun jumped and i decided to punch him in the balls.

http://static.flickr.com/51/106932811_c204044713_m.jpg

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous chin said...

this ones bigger:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46419515@N00/106932811/

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Shellie said...

Hey thanks for the visit & leaving a comment. :-)

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Damn I was 200lbs there! Those were the days! Eating like a pig hourly! Miss that!

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous zeb said...

hey, here's another shot of Rupert with a fan. that's somewhat of a smile... isn't it?

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.