Oh Punk

Red Bull gives you wings...

I was sipping a can of Red Bull and flasbacked to this little incident that happened just a few weeks ago:

Once in a while for work I go on whacky missions, to pick up miscellaneous things for random work events. The only problem is whenever I'm sent on these missions, I'm asked to buy in volume. In past posts, I've had stories of buying shopping carts full of Twizzlers, apples and pies. This time? You guessed it: cases of Red Bull!

At $3.00 a can, a few cases will cost you hundreds. Who buys this stuff in bulk anyway?

Anyhow, fast-forward to me at a Costco-type store in line with a shopping cart FULL of energy drink. I finally get to the front of the line, and the cashier looks at my cart. She then looks at me, smiles and says: "Trying to stay awake?"

Me: "Nah, not really. This is for my co-workers. They can barely keep their eyes open! It's crazy. They're always dozing off, and falling asleep -- at work!"

Her: "Must be nice, napping on the job and all? Where do you work?"

Me: "At the airport..."

Her: "Oh really? What do you do?"

Me: "I'm an air traffic controller..."

The look of horror on her face said it all. She was in shock. Too bad she didn't know I was joking, otherwise she'd be all like "Oh Shaun, he's hilarious!"

There are 0 comments:



Post a Comment


Return to main page







.