Oh Punk

Egocentricness vs Righteousness in corporate Softball

We have been talking about it for months...

Being Mr. Ego (see me in picture below), even before I assembled my team, I was already talking smack about DESTROYING my friend Chin's corporate softball team.



Not only would I talk random trash during outings, but I would even send him Microsoft Outlook meeting requests for the date of the ball game saying "Today is when you die..." or "Time to get owned"-- see Chin's blog article for more on this...

But Chinnie, kept his cool. He quietly circled the date on his calendar and waited. He counted down the days without a peep. What a righteous motherphucka... (You're not Jesus, so don't even try and play that...)

So our teams finally met last week. What was anticipated to be the game of games -- indeed turned out to be an early nail biter. However, despite it being a very close game for the first two-thirds of the match, the coffin was nailed shut for us with a late inning grand slam (damn yo, that boy on Chin's team can hit -- fuck that guy, we're not pitching to him next time!)

Final score, Chin's team: 16. Mine: 6.

Although I must say, with the pressure of a few Team ID members in the stands, both CHIN and I played *very* poorly. Chin dropped mad simple pop-ups, and I was even missing grounders! GROUNDERS son!

Even my batting -- which hasn't been HOT at all in this league -- was pretty terrible. I sacrified in an RBI and scored two runs. Trying to teach Chin a lesson, I was swinging at garbage.

The match up between Chin (pitching) and I (batting) was priceless, see video below:



And yes Chin, putting a spin on the ball is illegal in our league -- no wonder both your first two pitches fell down and out so fast!

But good game overall! And although Chin's team is good and probably better than mine -- I realized the difference between us: Chin is textbook and follows rules and traditions. And myself? I make things marketable -- hence Team ID's appearance. (Editors NOTE: I make things marketable by hyping them up. Kari G Marketing tactics... Kari G Marketing tactics... Now stop crying Chin..)

Gotta make them sales right? On that note, August 8th is the re-match. Come one, come all to see my team beat Chin's...

... I'll be stuck vacationing in Scandanavia though :(

There are 4 comments:



At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Chin said...

"I make things marketable -- hence Team ID's appearance."

what. the. fuck?

easy there shaun.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Laugh.. if I didn't talk this up .. (you woulnd't have ran reverse smack) -- and no one would have got excited.

Anyhow...

We're gonna own you next time! LAUGH

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous e-karl said...

Your hitting is hot? I seem to remember mr up-swing most of the season. LOL

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Oh I never said it's been hot this year. It's been hot before though! Big time -- I need to get back to there some how, maybe make a big effort or something...

Damn laziness....

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.