Oh Punk

The Gondolen

The other day I posted a beautiful picture of Stockholm taken from the Katarina Lift.

Little did I know that there was a 5+ star restaurant built into the bridge beneath it. Who would have known that there was such a gem right under my feet? Apparently my cousin!

She took us to the very resaturant, the Gondolen the other evening, and talk about AWESOME.

I have been to many ritzy / glitzy restaurants -- many of which that have been situated in or atop very tall structures, but nothing really compares to this place in terms of unique layout and view. Definitely one of my new favourites, so if you're ever in Stockholm it's the place to go (... don't forget your wallet though!!!)


Above: View from the Gondolen


Above: Me making mean faces at the camera while sitting at the bar


Above: While flipping through the drink menu, I ran across one called the Dumbom -- translated from Swedish to English, it means Idiot -- priced nicely at 1510 SEK, or $235 Canadian Dollars. What's in it? Who knows! The description read: "You will be very surprised!" I really wanted to order it.. but.. I'm not that rich! Grrrrrrr! Now I'll never know...

There are 2 comments:



At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Chris said...

I think it means you're an Idiot if you buy a $235 drink

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Hey but if you're mega rich, you could find out what the surprise was... and if by mega-rich and the surprise sucked and you were a russian mafia type, you'd have the ability to say I'm not paying $250 for this crappy Drambuie / Coke and Vodka drink and no one would say anything.

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.