Oh Punk

Swedish Meanings...

Here in Stockholm, everyone seems to speak English. It's great except the only problem is that I don't speak Swedish whatsoever! This has resulted in me mistranslating all sorts of things. What a disaster. For instance, this sign at H & M:



There's a 30%-off sale at the Slutarea? Damn! Needless to say I was disappointed when I found out it only a 30%-off sale at H&M, *sigh*

Although I have run into several of these signs and I've laughed at all of them, my favouritest thing has been this kid wearing this shirt:



I can only imagine all these little Swedish kids running around calling themselves "Wankstas." If only they knew it wasn't cool to be a Wanksta.

There are 2 comments:



At 6:01 PM, Anonymous e-Karl said...

Thats like the Ikea work desk I saw.. called the JERKER desk. laugh.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Laugh. The "Jerker" a perfect addition to any teen male's room. I still ahven't gone to Ikea.... yet...........

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.