Oh Punk

Battle of Britain

Yesterday was the Battle of Britain. A slick marketing event where you were able to test drive a selection of Mini Coopers on a make shift racetrack at the old airforce base.

After spending a few laps in the tricked out model, I must say Mini Coopers are heavy and slow. Don't let their aimed-toward-girls & gays marketing campaigns fool you.

Sure it's faster than your grocery getter Toyota Corolla, but in terms of acceleration it was a very lethargic car.

The MINI's only saving grace? It's handling. Here's an in-car video of my friend Billie and I taking two quick laps in a Mini Cooper Ralley S (Her *screams* make me laugh every time):



Nonetheless, I still think the car is nothing more than a fashion acessory -- think about all the people who drive these things! And people say my SL500 is going to be a cry for attention... uh no!

I'll end this on a brighter note. Mini Coopers are actually very spacious:



Now it never went down (in the Mini Cooper at least), but at least Mini Coopers are good for something right?

Tags:

There are 5 comments:



At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Francisco Balart said...

Posted on Sunday??? It's still saturday over here, 22:00. Minis are slow?? I thought just the opposite. I love the Golf GTI.

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Laugh -- this post was posted on Saturday because I figured I'd be too "messed up" on Sunday morning. Turns up I woke up at 7:20am!

As for Minis. WHo knows, maybe they're quick -- it just felt like a slow experience to me!

(The new GTI is alright...)

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Pete Wright said...

Awww. I used to love my Mini Cooper! I prefer my new Mustang, but I still have a soft spot for the Cooper. Just gotta keep those revs way up, oh and learn to live with the really quite painful turbo lag in the Cooper S.

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Keep the revs high -- something auto drivers don't have the luxury of! But yeah the lag is painful, I'm guessing you're loving your Mustang. Is it a GT?

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My point of view partially coincided with yours. Thank you for trying. antidepressants Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.