Oh Punk

Shaun the Mechanic

You know what drives me up the wall? People who are little bitches and run to the dealership everytime they need to get something done. Sure the dealership waiting area is fully equipped with leather sofas and busty eye candy receptionists (not that I've ever gone out with any, laugh!), but I'm sorry, I ain't paying some shop $45 in labour to change my headlight bulb. Think about it! Unscrew and replace. Voila bitches, voila!

With yesterday being a rainy day, it was a great night to take apart the RSX and get it ready for winter. Now I'd never dare do this with let's say a BMW 6-series (hence extrordinairy maintenance costs) but this is just an Acura...


Above: Say Ahhh... (Note the Gatorade bottle! That was my victory drink when I finally got this impossibly difficult piece removed without breaking anything! "I own your RSX.. I fucking own you bitch!" -- is what I said while running around my car in the underground; I don't really care what other people think...)


Above: You know you're a nerd when you've got a copy of Microsoft Office XP in your tool box. What the hell? Really.


Above: Ugh, tools, parts, dirt -- what a pain... but at least this time around I wasn't doing any brake work *phew*


Above: I still find it outrageous that people still can't comprehend that I can fix cars. "YOU? YOU CAN FIX CARS?" Is it that unbelievable? Sure I act like I'm too cool for things, and grunt work this and manual labour that -- but when it comes down to it, I can deal. Gimme a break.

I asked one girl why she didn't believe in my repairmanship abilities, and all she said was: "I'm sorry, but what guy who likes the Pussycat Dolls can fix a car?" -- OWNED!

Good call, but to that I say, has your ass seen the new Pussycat Dolls video?

Gat Damn! Nicole Scherzinger, the lead singer, is soooooooooooo hot. *drool* How could you not like PCD? (Sorry Chris, I'm going to have to cock block you on her, I already asked her out, and she said YES! I'll send you an invite to the wedding though...)

The worst part of this ordeal was that I managed to change and replace everything that I set out to except for one item: a light bulb! Can you believe that? For the life of me I couldn't change that stupid little bulb. I tried, but I just couldn't fit my hand into the area where the bulb was. Nicole Richie, where you at?

Turns out I actually *have* to take it in! The entire bumper has to be removed! On second thought, I think I'm going to see if I can do myself...

(This has disaster written all over it...)

There are 7 comments:



At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Blondie said...

Haha, that girl needs to be my friend...

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Haha.. why's that?

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Tanya said...

Ya honestly if i had an underground parking lot or if my garage door would open (Spring broke) I would fix my car in there too. Good going and dealerships rape you when they fix stuff. BMW? sure take it to the dealer.. ACURA shit its a HONDA do it yourself if you can. Don't feel so special though I can change breaks etc on my Acura too. Ive taken off the front bumper its just removing all the bolts/screws that its a PITA but you can dooo it. Just make sure you get it on straight after haha *looks at her car outside* *shakes head*

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Hey Tanya, I've got some heavy boxes I gotta lift. Wanna come over and help with that? LOL

.. but seriously .. I don't believe you changed the brakes on your Integra! What'd you change? The pads or rotors?

On closing .. Jap cars are like lego and as easy as 1.. 2.. 3.. you'd have to be extrmely mentally challenged to have issues with those cars! Toyota was EVEN easier. It was like so simple!

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Rubes said...

Yo loser, my bros will charge you $25 for the blub change, antics included hahah

DO NOT GO TO THE DEALERSHIP!

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Clint said...

My compliments on your blog. To get it more widely noticed, grab your
free copy of
Links Explode

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

That's some good spizam!

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.