Oh Punk

You'll Remember me FOREVER!

One of the worst situations is when you're introducing one of your friends to another of your friends -- AND -- your two friends have met before -- BUT -- ONE of them doesn't remember the other *shakes head*

Me: "Oh Janice, you remember my friend Bob?"

Bob (sticking out his hand to shake the girl's hand): "Oh hi Janice. Nice to see you again. We met at Eric's party a few months ago..."

Janice: "Uhhh we did?"

That is the point where it gets uncomfortable and I simply become a phantom and disappear!* Because, really? What can I say?

Did that situation just happen because of Janice's bad memory? Highly unlikely. It's probably because Bob is just a forgettable person. I don't have any advice on this except don't be forgettable -- it gets you no where. Smarten up!

Speaking of being remembered -- Dane Cook has a GREAT bit on doing things to get you remembered. We played his entire CD, "Retaliation", during our recent Chicago Roadtrip.

This bit here was clearly the BEST part (my stomach hurts from laughing!):



*Note: I would just like to point out that some of my jerk friends would say this is the point at which I try to cock-block "Bob". This is 140% untrue. I do not condone such tactics. Do not believe them. I repeat, I DO NOT COCK BLOCK, however my friend Chin disagrees:

So Dr. T, Shaun and I head over to our favorite local spot where the décor looks as nice as the waitresses: Canyon Creek. While others ogle at the blondie that’s serving us (whom I think is a little bo-legged) I notice the other one who’s has way more flavour. So I go the washroom, get back, trade glances and smiles throughout the night etc. (sure she’s just building clientele/tip revenue, but eff it, me man. Me like! *Grunts*)

So we’re finishing up and I try running some “So, how long you work here?” game (yes, I know I suck, but hey, its an E for effort right ‘yatches?) Later on, she comes back to pick up the cash monay and engages in some chit chat with us, except the “us” becomes “Shaun.” He goes into his stories about "work" and his "hard working lawyer friends" and how his "dad always takes work home." And I’m like: Yo motha fu(ker, can I get a word in? (while taking down some notes on how Shaun works. Damn he good!)

I try throwing in my little comments here and there, but she eventually had to go back to work.

Anyways, the good doctor and I both agreed: I got cock blocked by Shaun! He violated the guy code! Thanks for nothing! You’re so selfish! He tried to defend himself with: “I wasn’t trying to pick her up” to which I replied: “Its not about you picking up, its about you cb’ing me” Laugh, I tried punching Shaun in the stomach in the parking lot, but he blocked it. Damn boxing lessons! Laugh…


What can I say? I like good conversation...

There are 8 comments:



At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Lil Lex said...

Gold

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Gold -- "YOU WILL REMEMBER ME FOREVER" and... "I DID NOT SAYING FUCKING"

hahaha

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous comstar said...

OMG you brown people are hilarious!!

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Yo.. it' 5:18. I'm fucked. I don't know if that's the REAL COMSTAR from Goetz with the Whistle.. but if it is. Respect!

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Punpar said...

I love you Shaun.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Blondie said...

We got my friend a shirt before he left for France in the summer that says "WHAT?! I hope it wasn't on my coat!"

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Blondie: That's awesome! I'm sure your friend appreciated that! LOL -- terribly funny! *smirk*

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous kkenken said...

OMG Blondie someone SHIT on or Around the coats, hope it wasn't my coat!! LOL

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.