Oh Punk

My NEW mini-video player..

I have been in the market for a portable video player for the last year or so.

The obvious choice was the video iPod. But iPods are fairly large, heavy and of course hard drive based which isn't stable enough for use in the gym -- ever try shaking your computer while it's running an application? Don't!

Plus iPods are dainty. The way I drop things, I'd be out $400 in no time. So scracth the iPod from my list.

There was my grand idea of sticking a 2 GB flash card into an old Siemens Pocket PC that I had. It was a good idea and all, but who wants to look like one of those losers who use their Blackberries at the gym?

What to do, what to do? I need video motivation to do more cardio at the gym now that I'm back from my accident! Regular TV just doesn't cut it...

When I was just about to give up hope, I managed to pick-up a K-PEX 100/200 media player from Kingston. It's the latest in the race for an ultra-small video player.

With 1 or 2 GB of on-board FLASH memory (expandable with Micro SD), this thing is lightning quick and extremely durable -- perfect for those long stationary bike rides and can easily double as an MP3 player for long runs.

And did I mention it's miniscule? Here it is lined up against a folded Motorolo Razr V3 and a regular 3.5" x 2" business card:



The high-res video screen display video brilliantly! Take a look at this, my K-Pex playing my FAVOURITEST scene from Enourage (This scene is just so awesome -- too bad my camera didn't focus fully!):




Tags:

There are 0 comments:



Post a Comment


Return to main page







.