Oh Punk

I hate reading, but...

I have made it clear for years now, I hate reading!

I would rather have lunch with Paul McCarthney -- and I hate that guy (Correction: I f*cking hate that guy...)

Last week, coincidentally, my office held a used book sale with proceeds going towards the United Way. My co-workers managed to find this diamond in the rough: Dating, Sex and Friendship.

They anonymously placed it on my desk once I had left for the day -- which I thought was just hilarious. However, I personally don't need any dating, sex and friendship advice -- I barely read past the author's first name on the cover.

Actually, here's a video of what happened to the book:



But seriously, there were a TON of old books in this old book sale. Recipe books. Outdated travel guides. Old romance novels. You name it, it was there.

What about "Rick Bosetti's Baseball Book" from 1980? Damn straight, it was there:



Who's Rick Bosetti? Apparently he was a baseball from the late 70's. The pictures in this book are hilarious! Oh my, what's up with this facial expression? "How U doing? I'm Rick Bosetti bitch..."



Rick Bosetti: Half-man, half sasquatch. Damn yo, shave, trim or wax. Am I the only one disturbed by this picture? Does it not look like he's deep throating the bat? *gross* (Thanks for pointing that out Tanya!) ...



Allegedly this book was aimed at kids...



... uhhhh, you'd think this was enititled "Learn to play baseball like and/or with Michael Jackson" ...




On a serious note about the last Bosetti picture, according to this site: "Rick Bosetti achieved a goal of urinating in the outfield of every major league park even though he spent most his career playing in only one league -- the American."

See? That is explains it all...

Tags:

There are 8 comments:



At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Renegade said...

What's wrong with reading?!? I'd rather pick up a good book than watch a movie!

Please visit Renegade's BS

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous e-karl said...

Be glad we didn't leave you the guide to breastfeeding book or the classic "Our bodies, our selves - a guide for women" (or something along those lines) from the days of the big Women's Lib. movement.. hmm.. actually.. maybe that would have helped you tho.. laugh.

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Blondie said...

Yes, that explains it all. Now, the question remains: was it just THERE or did you PURCHASE it?

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Renegade: Reading? I'm just not captivated by it... it's hard for me to stay focussed.. :(

e_karl: This is true. I think the breast feeding guide might quite informative... I could keep it at my desk when I'm in the office. I'm pretty sure no one would even notice the pictures of my "girlfriend" (Giselle Bundchen) on the wall. Although it's funny how many people believe I'm dating her at work... LAUGH. -- THAT'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND? "Sure is..." -- haha

Blondie: Come on! Do you really think I purchased it? I even if I did purchase it, the $2 price tag was probably certainly worth it... (lol -- although, to answer your question, no I didn't buy it.. lol)

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Rob Y said...

lol.. find a book on the gyroball?

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous e-karl said...

the gyroball is the tool of the devil! Just like the metric system! My car gets 40 rods to the hogs head and thats the ways I likes it!

:) If that ball is real.. thats a crazy pitch. The local newspaper had this big write up on it because of the big deal Boston (I think) signed that guy who can apparently throw it.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

I knew that leaving that book on your desk would lead to good blog material, but I didn't quite envision its sad demise at the hands of the compactor...

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Rob / e-Karl: word. The gyroball is the craziest thing I've ever seen -- however that guy goinmg to Boston from Japan was dropping all sorts of "I can't throw a gyoball. I happens because of putching mistakes...." Insanity!!! Imagine he makes the majors and starts throwing those all the time?

Greg: Ahhh yes.. that book was 100% bloggable from the very first time I lay eyes on it. I wonder how it was inside. It was probably really 80's like inside though... ie. "So while sitting outside your red-convertible Camaro.. make sure you....." lol

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.