Oh Punk

Stuck in an Elevator!

You always see it in movies, but who really gets stuck in an elevator these days? Apparently me.

A couple of nights ago, I was to meet a friend at a bar and grab a late night drink before last call. No problem right? WRONG!

Left my suite, jumped in the elevator, got all the way down to the sub-basement level parking deck where my car was parked -- and bang -- the elevator door opened one inch and then jammed, see below...



I tried pressing all sorts of buttons but no response from the elevator. After a few moments of hoping the elevator would reset itself I gave up hope. Now, for some stupid reason I thought I could pull a Bruce Willis and just climb out through the ceiling a la DieHard:



What was I thinking? I'm so dumb. I couldn't even remotely get to the ceiling, it was so high up. I don't even think there was a way out up there -- must be a movie thing. Damn you Bruce Willis, Keanu Reeves, those guys from Star Wars 3 (not that I watch StarWars or anything, I hate stuff...) and anyone else who's ever climbed through the ceiling of an elevator in a movie. Stop giving me false hope!

So with no way out I had to succumb and press the "HELP" button:



The HELP button is actually linked to a phone which calls some emergency elevator call centre -- I'm serious. They were asking me all sorts on non-sense about how many people are in the elevator, is everything ok, do you need an ambulance? It was like being in a bloody OnStar commercial.

She dispatched some repair folk, and that was that. A "Help is on the Way" light started flashing, and then it was a matter of waiting.

Thankfully I had my trusty video player so I watched an episode of the Office (awesome show) while waiting for the elevator repair guys to come bail me out.

What's funny was since there was no cell reception, I couldn't call my friend. She was stuck at the bar waiting for me to meet her -- poor girl!

That's the second time in a row that I've sold her out -- so needless to say when she called me the next day saying (err yelling) "Where were you?" she wasn't really buying my "Yeah, about last night... sorry... uhh, I couldn't meet up with you because I was STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR and didn't get pulled out until almost 3:00am..."

I ain't making any of this up either!

Anyhow, I learned a valuable lesson. Being stuck in an elevator at 2:00am is still better than waiting in line at fucking Walmart (Yes, that's the line, you can't even see the cash registers, damn! Someone get me an elevator to get stuck in, please!):



Tags:

There are 7 comments:



At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Rubes said...

LOL only you only you!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

I know...

... what a disaster...

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous e-karl said...

now I know what he means when he says hes hangin' with OTIS...

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Laugh. Yeah, hanging with OTIS at 3am.. hilarious!

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Blondie said...

YESSSSSS! Thank YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, Karma Gods!

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Hahah ohhh Blondie... you were just hoping that would happenn to me eh?

I was watching the office though.. so it wasn't soooo bad :) :)

Although if they were watching me on camerathey must've been wondering why I was sitting and laughing...

*Grin*

PS. Thank YOUUUUUUUUUUUU, Karma Gods (and of course REAL God...)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Mo said...

'Caged' would have been more appropriate. In such situations, don't panic. Take a few quick breaths, gather up your steam - and - YELL!!!

Karma - oh god - what is the aim?

I am at www.mo-freesoul.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.