Oh Punk

Evanescence in Vancouver...

Just last week I wrote a post about Evanescence and their moving music...

Well guess what I scored tickets to?

Yup, that's right, Evanescence in Vancouver.

I'm usually into concerts that are over the top. Concerts that are full of screens, special effects, custom stages, etc etc.

This was completely different, but as simple as it was, it turned out to be an AWESOME show!

And Amy Lee? Woah! The girl can sing. I read that her musical influences ranged from Stevie Wonder and Beethoven to likes of Bjork and Depeche Mode. It clearly shows in their concert...

As per usual, I filmed a few videos but must apologize -- I wasn't paying much attention to the camera's point of focus:


Above: Bring me to Life, Live in Vancouver at the Pacific Coliseum.



Above: My Immortal. One of my favourite songs, that last 25% is probably the best part! They performed this as the first song in their encore set. Sorry about the focus, I refocus the camera eventually...



Above: A snippit of Call me When You're Sober -- awesome!



Above: They performed Your Star, as the finale to their encoure set -- just as my camera ran of out of storage space. *sigh* I taped the best part though!

Tags:

There are 6 comments:



At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Amber said...

That is so NOT FAIR! Unfortunately they aren't even coming close to where I live - I'll just have to live vicariously through your blog. Good to know they put on a good show though, maybe someday they'll play close by and I can say hey!, Shaun said they were awesome in concert! Maybe I'll hold my breath... yeah, right.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Rubes said...

Amy Lee rocks, literally she has an amazing voice.........I'm a closet fan also!........Good job with the video post.............

Loser next time your up for a girly concert call me up I will come with.........first it was Madonna then Mariah now this...........hey you up for Gwen Stefani in May????

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous chin said...

> And Amy Lee? Woah! The girl can sing.


nope, actually, she can't. i'd rate her as the #7 most over rated singer right now. she'd be rated higher if Evanescence were more popular.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Amber: Awwwwwwww, I know. I remember last week, in the comments, I wrote you back and said I was going to see if they were playing in Vancouver when I was in town -- and just my luck they were. So :) I'll go again -- wanna do an Australia / Japan trip? I'm game! Ha.

Ruby: Chin thinks she has an over-rated voice. Despite the bashing, it was an awesome show. I don't think it was THAT girly though... but I'd be down for Gwen Stefani, although I'd prefer to see No Doubt! She's better with her band -- I honestly never was a big fan of her solo stuff.

Chin: Sorry -- they're no as good as Common (errr Common Sense)

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Kien said...

Awesome post dude.

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Thanks buddy! So when are we going to All-Stars? I'll drive! Let me know...

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.