Oh Punk

Jetsetting woes...

How's this for a travel day?

- Wake up at 5:00am EST to shower, pack and get ready for a business trip.

- Toronto has come to a halt thanks to an over night ice storm. From my condo, I can see that traffic is barely moving throughout the city.

- A fifteen minute drive to the airport turns into over an hour.

- Drop my car off with the valet attendent, and proceed to the eCheck-in kiosk. Surprise, surprise, I can't seem to check in. Go stand in line at the check-in counter for who knows how long.

- Finally get settled into my seat, and the flight attendents announce that our flight will be delayed. The pilots have yet to show up. Also, why do I always meet hot flight attendents in bars, but never ever on flights.

- One hour later, the pilots arrive and will need another 30 minutes to program the flight routes and do some flight checks.

- The plane FINALLY pulls from the terminal gate -- only to queue in a de-icing line somewhere on the infield.

- Another hour later we finally take off. There will be no tea or coffee served on this flight because the water tanks are frozen. Sucks to be anyone who had to use the washroom -- especially if they weren't first *gross*

- Four hours and twenty minutes we finally arrive in Caglary, Alberta

What a crazy, crazy day! Thankfully, I walked into this room...



... complete with 42" LCD television and a whole bunch of extras from mirrored walls to ultra comfy matresses. Needless to say, I stopped complaining very quickly!

It's only sad that I had forgotten my swimming gear. Who knew they kept an outdoor pool heated at 95 degrees all through the cold Calgary winter?

Take a look at all that STEAM:



Tags:

There are 4 comments:



At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Blondie said...

I still can't get over that hotel!

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

I was about to say "Why? It was just alright..." but you'd call me a Hotel Snob *grin*

You're right... I liked it too :)

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

Oh, so Blondie saw your hotel room did she? LOL

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

LOL - what? No, no! Not like that at all..

Too funny!

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.