Oh Punk

Touchdown VanCity!

Finally made it out to the Pacific coast today and landed in Vancouver, British Columbia. Skies are overcast today, but the temperature is just great!

Had a delicious lamb burger at Steamwork's Resaturant in Gastown and spent a small part of the evening galavanting before some dessert and drinks at the Top of Vancouver revolving resturant.

Vancouver is always gorgeous -- no wonder they're hosting the Olympics in 2010. Here are a few random pictures:


Above: Random downtown skyline shot


Above: Gastown...


Above: Just outside the Pac-Pacific hotel...


Above: It's dark, grey, and cloudy, but the harbour is still so nice. Look, a seaplane!


Above: Another view of the harbour. Note, the entire city is under construction in preparation for the 2010 Winter Games!


Above: It's so 80's, I know, but I have this thing for revolving restaurants



Above: On the way down...

Tags:

There are 4 comments:



At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

Ah, but I see you missed some of the other highlights, like the large skid row right beside Gastown, or the Picton farm. Just kidding, I like Vancouver, its a nice city, and the view of the mountain and Stanley Park is awesome.

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Ah yes.. the homelii that roam the streets by Gastown is awesome. They actually scare me. I wandered out late on Thursday night to get food -- cuz the hotel only had a 24 menue that consisted of Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Popcorn and other whack stuff like a Cold Cut PLatter. Anyhow, I started walking down the street, and the homeless guy in front of me, stops. Spins. Scouls at me and runs towards me.

I didn't know what to do so I just was in my Street Fighter 2 fighting stance... and just before he got into my range. He stops and goes "Woah, sorry buddy. I thought you my arch enemy..." And then he ran away

What the hell?

lol...

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Rubes said...

wicked I love van city, I'll be there in 2010 hitting up the winter events for sure.........can't wait, already booked my self into my family's places haha little do they know that I will be crashing with them! :)

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Shaun said...

Rubes: Too funny! Yes, 2010 should be good -- in fact, it'll be awesome but traffic would be insane. TOo bad it didn't happen when all of us were younger. It would have been an AWESOME party.. grrr.. I'll be 31 then.. and probably married...

... but with today's marriage lifespans, possibly divorced as well! *JK JK JK*

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.