Oh Punk

A is for Autoshow...

After a very brief stint on the westcoast in January, I made it back to Toronto with only a day to spare before the close of the Detroit Autoshow.

Thanks to a couple whining cry babies, I didn't make it out to Detroit Rock City -- thus I had to settle for the Toronto International Autoshow this afternoon. It actually turned out to be quite decent (for a non-Detroit autoshow).

Things I noted...

There were plenty of: Cars, flashy pavillions, sales pigs, pieces of automotive propoganda, and miscellaneous hot women!

There were not-a-lot of: Free give-aways, contests, over the top concept cars, and bikini-clad import car models (whoops, wrong car show...)

Special Thanks Award: Special thanks award to Anthony, for *not* bailing my ass out from some cougar who started talking to me and wouldn't leave me alone. Couldn't he see I needed to be bailed out? Holy selfish! The last time I was stuck in such a situation, I tapped the cougar on her hip during mid-conversation and said "Alright, good chat..." and walked away. LAUGH...

Best Shock Value Quote by Your Truly: "Ugh, what's wrong with all these people. Why are they flocking around the Hummer H3? It's so plasticy and Tonka looking. If I ran this booth, I'd have a big sign that said H3's are no longer for sale, if you can't afford an H2, get the F out..." and then have another sign that pointed towards the Pontiac Wave saying "Uhhh, the Pontiac Waves are that way"

Favourite Moment: Alright, cars aside, I love seeing young kids out at the autoshow. It's hilarious, because they all have one thing in mind: Running from pavillion to pavillion, pulling on the handles of every car and checking if any of the doors are open! It's funny, because that's what I did back in the day... "Yes, it's open! I'm jumping in the driver's seat!!!"



Above: Don't be confused by the GM signage in the background, this is clearly a Lexus product. I test drove an IS350 on Friday... *HOT*



Above: Chrysler is rolling out the Charger for 2008. Clearly it is still going to be a trailer park dream car *smirk* I kid, I kid. It's a nice ride -- 425 horsepower? Hello!



Above: I may have hated on Ford before, but, I take it back! That car has MY name on it... I just need a sugar momma, so I can put her name on the invoice (ps. Thanks future-baby, I love you! xoxo)



Above: Sick! Toyota-F1 in the house...



Above: And thanks to a freak snow storm my drive home looked like that! Gotta love Canada, right? Right? I need to get back to Miami...

Tags:

There are 4 comments:



At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Greg said...

I still can't figure out why anyone would buy a Hummer that didn't come with the mounted .50 Calibre machine gun. Whats the point?

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Court said...

i never made it to the toronto auto show this year. cause i was dragged to naias, perhaps next year i'll get dragged to both :-|

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Court said...

i also wasn't aware i had a blogger> new blog in progress here

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Greg: uhhh, isn't that illegal? Plus Hummers are good for driving over curbs and not paying for parking in paid parking lots (Note: does not work at airports)

Court: Awesome pics in your blog. What type of camera are you using?

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.