Oh Punk

Dear Secret Santa...

Behold my Team ID Secret Santa submission for 2k7.

Purchased, wrapped with a golden bow and sitting under my tree waiting for one lucky recipient in our annual Christmas gift exchange.

For those of you haven't read my previous horror Christmas posts, one of my groups of friends runs an annual Bad Santa gift exchange.

Everyone brings a present to the party, their names are thrown into a hat and drawn for order of selection.

The first person selected picks a gift (except their own) from a pool of presents and unwraps.

The second (and subsequent) person can either select a new wrapped gift from the remaining pool or steal any previous person's gift. Should they choose to steal a gift, the victim of the stealing gets to choose a new wrapped gift from the remaining present pool.

This continues until every participant has opened a gift!

Since the first person never had an opportunity to steal gifts, they are now given the opportunity to keep their gift (which probably has been stolen and swapped with something lame) or steal any one of the particpant's gifts.

Last year, I was fortunate to be in that situation. I was the first to pick, and my great present stolen. Thankfully, I wound up with the golden chance to steal a fabulous Nintendo DS Lite game system from one Miss Ruby. I felt terribly bad to steal the DS from Ruby. She even muttered "Don't steal my present Shaun." I could see in her eyes that she really wanted to hang on to it, but who are we kidding? I'm a stone cold killer. I walked over, looked her in the eyes, laughed and yanked it right from her hands. Sorry Rubes, better luck this year.

I must say, it was unbelievably funny watching people clench on to their Raptor's Tickets, iPods, sport jerseys and whatever else in hope that I wouldn't steal their gift! But at the end of the day, stealing an AWESOME present is one of the best feelings ever! It's akin to a walk off home run in baseball or hooking up with a Vicotria's Secret model.

Although we haven't increased the minimum price of a gifts, given the HYPE of the event this year, participants will certainly have to BRING IT. None of this DVD he-said-she-said junk. Real Talk. I've stepped it up, that's for sure!

Plus, I forgot to mention my Cousin Veto. This year, "crappy" gifts will be subject to a veto rule. If a participants unwraps a gift and feels that it "sucks" they may ask for a group vote. If the group deems it's "ghetto" then player who brought it and their gift gets booted out of the event! The person who complained (err cried) then gets the booted player's present or pick. Plain and simple. Get that shit out of here...

So what's in my box? I can't quite say, but I can't wait to play it again at this year's party. Who knows what I'll score...

... hopefully not something like this:



Above: This was actually the crappiest gift last year -- it's the British version too, ugh -- but there was NO veto rule. This year it's a whole different story - that would have not seen the light of day. You're outta here!

Tags:

There are 6 comments:



At 7:22 AM, Blogger chinwhat said...

actually, ruby only got the uk version of the office season 1! pictured is the better version, season 1, 2 and xmas special. i wouldn't mind that version... as much as i wouldn't of minded your chinese dvd player... which is a lot of minding. op!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Lil Lex said...

Wait, you're forgetting the fucking miracle chopping thing from Kev. I don't even know where that fucking thing is anymore! Probably with Tita Edna.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

Chin: OP! So what you're saying is the office that was in there was an even crappier version? Tragic! Tragic that the VETO rule wasn't in place!!! Veto, veto, veto.... As for minding, I think my DVD player combo gift was abit whack, so I stepped it up this year. Everyone has moved and doesn't need electronics so I got something we all can use! (Including myself)

Lex: Oh I didn't forget... I didn't forget.. I'm saving that gem for my post on re-gifting!!! We all know that was a house warming gift that was re-gifted. Good job Kev. Actually it wasn't that bad right? It just wasn't... errrr fun?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

All I can say is that "I better not get fucked this year" damn it the stupid UK version of the Office is still sitting in my room unwrapped...anyone want it?

haha

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Hey -- all you can do is hope that you don't have the gift that the stealer wants!

Oh snap -- I can't wait to see the antics unfold this year! Should be good!

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dropped by looking for the Bad Santa rules - thanks. You should watch the British version of the office - it's far better than the US one! Absolutely agonising to watch! (We got both here in Australia)

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.