Oh Punk

2007 Secret Santa gift...

One month ago I blogged about my friend's annual Christmas party and our much anticipated Bad Santa game. This year I contributed a portable GPS to gift pool.

I was hoping for something nice in return, however the game is quite unpredictable. You never know what you'll pull. Over the years I've won anything and everything from a stupid Chinese Fortune cat (I really f'ing hate this statue, seriously -- and it STILL hasn't brought me any fortune!) ...




... to a pretty nifty Nintendo DS Lite:



Luckily this year everyone came strong with their presents. The pool consisted of not only my GPS, but wicked items such as an autographed Chris Bosh NBA All-Star jersey, highres digital picture frames, mobile video devices and even a special edition of Johnny Walker Blue Label with fancy schmancy glass stuff. There were many other awesome gifts too!

I would have been happy with any of them, however, I selected CP's gift: A sweet Logitech Harmony 670 remote control...



... hot! I was actually considering buying one -- but not anymore -- now I have one! Thanks Secret Santa. Now I can consolidate all of my remotes into one.



The remote -- sorry -- the Advanced Universal Remote's box had a quote that I thought was quite hilarious:
Simple for Everyone. There's even a handy "HELP" button so that anyone from the kids to the babysitter can easily access their entertainment.
WTF? A help button on a remote control? I still have no idea what the LCD screen is for. Hmmm... "Remote control, make me a tuna sandwhich!"

Tags:

There are 8 comments:



At 11:19 AM, Blogger Lil Lex said...

the help button is actually quite useful. For real. Can't wait to come over and test drive your new remote!

PS: My wife's last name is Torreno. Stop disrespecting me!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

I am still mad at you stealing the DS from me last year....my face said it all hehe

Thanks for the GPS! :)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Lex: Yeah, but all her contact info that I have is pre-marriage (pre-2003) .. so .. CP it is!

Ruby: LOL - I can tell you were still mad. You had NO hesitation in stealing that GPS away from poor Chris. He wanted it -- he might have needed it more than you! lol

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Oh yeah... the HELP button... I just find it fnny that there's a HELP function on remote control. That's a bit ridiculous...

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Lil Lex said...

The remote is smarter than all of us! It can help you!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Snap! The remote just helped me save time on my cooking. The wonders of the remote!

I wonder if it can emulate my RF ATI Remote Wonder. That would be WICKED! Hmmmm........

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger weenie said...

Wow, you had super cool gifts in your Bad Santa (which we called Secret Satan...) - a Nintendo DS is a fantastic gift.

We only spend like equivalent to $20 so you don't get big gifts and mostly, they're are bottles alcohol, ie not very original!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Yeah! We actually passed a rule a few years back to have ONLY god gifts.

Back in the day we had some people bring nice things, others bringing "gag" presents such as packages of TURKEY bacon.

This format works very well! :)

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.