Oh Punk

Zipping along...

Aside from beaching, drinking, and sleeping last week, I did some other "fun" things. One of them included zip-lining:


Above: Me on my warm up run - gotta love how I'm point to the camera, ha!

So what's zip-lining? It's essentially being harnessed to a pulley suspended to a cable that's mounted on an incline between two high altitude points. Gravity propels the pulley to the lower point. Stopping is controlled by clamping down on the cable with use of a glove with a leather strap sewn on.

This video should give you a better feel for the sport:



Safe? Not sure, but it was totally fun! Looking forward to doing some crazy 130 foot high runs in Costa Rica later this year.


Above: Just an example of the lines we were on.


Above: It's a LONG way down. One of the guides actully tagged along on one of my runs and helped me traverse it completely upside down. Raises the heart-rate a bit, but I recommend it for everyone!


Above: After our tour through the jungle canopy we mountin biked through the jungle to this gorgeous cenote where we were able to dive in. I can't swim well, so yes, I used a life jacket. LAME, I know.


Above: I still think dune buggies through jungle roads are much more fun! Look out snakes! Smashy, smashy!

Tags:

There are 5 comments:



At 11:54 PM, Blogger Lil Lex said...

lame! Why couldn't you go skydiving? 130 feet? 10000 feet? What's the difference?!

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Amber said...

That looks awesome!!! I totally want to do that, I hope I can find somewhere close to home (USA _ Connecticut)to do it! Incidentally skydiving also kicks ass and if you've never done it I would recommend it!
Now, to find a ziplining venue... But maybe I should wait until after the baby is born...

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

lex: The difference is that you guys went up in planes that were duct taped! Ugh - that - and I'm not bi on sky diving...

Amber: It's fun.. that was on of the smaller runs. They have some MEGA runs in Costa Rica. I wanna check those out! As for ziplining in CT? Hmmm.. Google? Might pull something up! :)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger pdburk said...

I'm ready to do some zip-lining! Looks like GREAT fun!!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

Do it up! It's a blast! YOu'll have fun!

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.