Oh Punk

Calling all Chinese!

So while driving downtown tonight...



... my friend in the back seat kept saying "Gum-lahhhhh"

Me: What are you saying?

Jon: I don't know. Kev mistook me as one of his Chinese friends on MSN and typed "Gum-lahhhhh"

A.i: What's it mean?

Jon: I don't know. Kev won't tell me what it means. It's something Cantonese or Mandarin.

So we spent the rest of the drive thinking of people who spoke Chinese -- that were awake -- that we could call to tell us what it meant. Thanks for nothing Anne!

Anyone know what this means? $50 to whomever can hook us up with an answer. Any ideas? Gum-lahhhh!


Above: On a sidenote, I think my car is too low... damn curbs!

Tags:

There are 4 comments:



At 8:06 AM, Blogger Lil Lex said...

and what about the guy in the Tim Horton's commercial? The people have a right to know!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Here's the email trail on what it means...

AI: Means "do you understand?" Gumla may mean "like that."

Jon: Explain your info source........

AI: That's what Ann said. She's Chinese. Ming ming ba = do you understand? Gumla = like that.

Shaun: So that mariah Carey beat that goes "It's like that y'all ... like that y'all... like like like like like that y'all" is really " It's Gumla y'all.. gumla y'al.. gum gu gum gum gum gum gumla y'all" -- mingming ba!!

Jon: greatest joke ever

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger PestProJoe said...

I think that I might have missed something in that "greatest joke ever"....

-joe

Do-It-Yourself Pest Control

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Ha ha! Too funny!

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.