Oh Punk

Deals, Deals, Deals...

"I will look in your treasures gypsy. Is this understood? I will look on them..."

Yeah, so this week has been a week of deals. From virtually free laptops and sub-$100 cameras to movies and cheques for FREE money (insurance settlements, cha-ching!). Overall, my favourite hooks up this week have been...


1. Reebok Authentic Cincinnati Bengals Chad Johson Alternate Jersey




This fine piece of shirtery is listed at $284.99 US (plus shipping/handling) on NFLShop.com -- but -- thanks to GW and his resourcefulness, this was nearly "FREE NINTY NINE" -- and no, it's not a Tony-the-Tiger shirt! Grrrrrr....


2. Two pairs of shoes for under $18




That's right. While shopping in Detroit -- err the suburbs of Detroit -- I popped into Steve & Barry's and picked up two pairs of Starbury's for under $18.

Tragically, all my sizes were picked out due to the store's clearance sale. Had that not been the case, I would have walked out with ten pairs or more. Way to make a mockery of a low cost shoe that was specifically marketed towards lower income households. Yes, I'm that guy.


3. Take it through Carrrrrwash




I pull into this local covered coin-operated car wash. Except there were no coin receptacles, just a timer. Once you finish, you are billed by an attendant for the time spent in the carwash bay.

In the stall behind me was a car being washed by some kids blasting random hiphop beats. Upon closer inspection it was the car wash attendant and his friends. They were just chilling and smoking weed. Lots of it!

Regardless, I washed my car.

When it was time to pay, I walked into the attached store. The car wash attendant ditched his crew and followed me in from the carwash bay to ring me up. The conversation we had went something like this:


Car Wash Attendant: "Hi Sir"

Me: "Wow, look at you. You've got quite the job. Smoke weed with the boys. Blast music. Get paid. I wish I had a job like that. Must be nice?"

Car Wash Attendant: "Hey you know what? Why don't you take this car wash on the house? You shouldn't be paying for anything today!"

The kid thought I was insinuating something more -- as if I was a snitch -- as if I was that snitch who would tell his boss! I'm no NARC, I was just trying to be down. I guess I'm just old but this misunderstanding translated into be a free carwash for this guy (by this guy, I mean me).

Too funny! You know after I left he was probably shouting at his friends: "Yo guys, keep it down and hide the weed. I had to give some old guy a free carwash because of you fockers.."

Tags:

There are 7 comments:



At 7:16 AM, Blogger chinwhat said...

wicked! now you, ai and i can all wear our cyclone2's at the same time! :D

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Lil Lex said...

if you were really giving the guy props and not insinuating something more, then you should have paid for the car wash.

For shame.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Chin: yeah! Well I gave them to Brendan. Let's see if doesn't want them... I think the black pair is coming back so I'll be "hip" -- maybe I can add it to my "gangster" outfit.. laugh.........

Lex: Whatever. If someone offered you a free carwash would you pass on it? Plus that car wash was worth 600 plastic bags!!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Errr I mean 240 plastic bags, but still: 240!!!

PS, my condo is up for sale -- I'm asking for 6,500,000 plastic bags..

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

That's the Square one underground washing garage right...interesting!
**MJ TIME**

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

Actually -- it wasn't! It was the ESSO on Central / Hwy 10...

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

Side note: Square One does a fantastic job on their valet cleaning service -- you gotta try it on the Batmobile (I don't know any other names for your car)

lol

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.