Oh Punk

One Missed Call... and me...

Have you seen the trailers for the new thriller movie One Missed Call?

The premise of the film is that you receive a voicemail notification on your cell phone -- yet -- your phone doesn't ring. When you check your message, it's from yourself detailing the date, time and some details of your death.

Creepy? Nah!

So the other night I'm riding the elevator down to the underground parking deck. My phone's voicemail notifier beeps, and just like the movie my phone didn't ring.

One missed call? I chuckled to myself and muttered something about "Ohhh no.. someone is trying to kill me!"

Before I could even check my message, the elevator reached the basement. I was out of cell-phone reception. I slipped my phone into my jeans. The parking lot was unusually quiet. My footsteps echoed loudly as I walked towards my car.

Suddenly, there was a loud "powering down" sound. Lights in the garage started going off in sequence, a la Men in Black. The underground was pitch black. Silent.

"F-this!"

I had seen I am Legend a few weeks earlier, so the dark was not the place to be. This whole idea of One Missed Call started to run through my mind. I wasn't going to wait to find out what else was lurking in the dark so I darted towards my car, flicked my car remote, unlocked the car, checked the back seat, jumped in, locked the doors, and got the hell out.

What's even creepier is that when I checked my voicemail, it was a hang up from a blocked number. Creepy!

Above: This is just as ALL the lights were going out... I could still see at this point.. and of course rather then move, I'm snapping cell phone pics!

Above: What the place looks like when it's normally lit...

Above: ... and in the dark again (from my car)! As a famous poet once said: "See you later f*cks!"


Above: And if by some outrageous chance you are some freak, depressed, reader and are trying to get me: Don't even bother. On a completely unrelated note, pictured above is some random guy -- *not* me of course -- who's practicing self-defense at a licenced gun range somewhere in North America (That's politically correct for saying "Don't mess, I'm gangsta..")

Tags:

There are 7 comments:



At 12:47 AM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

hahah omg you kill me! Had a good chuckle at your predicament!

Sorry had to laugh especially at the I AM Legend detail...creepy indeed!

Good thing you posted the pic of you packing some heat!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger strivin' said...

well, at least you didn't get stuck in the elevator!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger strivin' said...

well, at least you didn't get stuck in the elevator!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger GW987654 said...

You're lucky that Fred didn't move... and that MP5 isn't loaded gangsta...

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Ruby: That one scene from I am Legend when Will Smith runs after the dog into the dark building... creepy!

Striving: Actually.... check this post about getting stuck in an elevator: http://ohpunk.blogspot.com/2006/12/stuck-in-elevator.html

GW: Well, it was loaded before I took the picture. I didn't want to accidentally waste any ammo. And Fred not moving.. lol.. if *I* saw Fred in the underground I would have SERIOUSLY lost it. Man...

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Shemah said...

LOL! You really crack me up!

I just watched I am Legend too.. and I would have totally freaked out!!

At least you had the mind to check your back seat..

Btw, when I watch trailers for thriller flicks, I can't help myself by making "spoof" comments.. really, I can't.

Anyways, awesome blog.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

shemah: Yeah, ALWAYS check your backseat -- I learned that in Urban Legends! lol.....

Thanks for the compliments!! :)

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.