Oh Punk

Scratch another one off the list!

For the last few years some friends and I have been looking for a low-paying, moderately brainless, part-time job.

Because we need money? No!

Because we have too much time on our hands? No!

Why then, why? For spite of course!

It's a contest of sorts, to see which one of us can last there the longest. Which one of us who never had a job like this could actually get our hands dirty (edit). Which one of us can put our pride and accomplishments aside and tough it out to prevail as the winner. Think of it as a Surivor for corporate folk.

However, selecting the target job has turned out to be quite the nightmare. We keep finding reasons why each job is not a good enough to serve as the contest's part-time gig.

Working on weekends? PASS!

I don't have an email address? PASS!

I have to carry stuff AND my supervisor dropped out of grade ten? PASS!


Tonight (Sunday) let's scratch "Grocery Store Bag Boy" from that list of potential jobs. I wound up going to a local discount grocery store and found myself packing my own grocery bags. Lovely. It's really not a big deal, but I was seriously bored to tears after packing two -- especially with roughly eight more bags to go. Yawn! Way too monotonous!


"Whoops, can't mix eggs and bags of flour in the same bag..."

Working in a grocery store is definitely not as glamorous as Dax Sheppard protrayed it to be in Employee of the Month.


I'm also pretty sure that chatting up random women would be out of the picture. Think they'd ever believe the "Uhh, I'm only working here as part of a contest with my friends. I really went to university and I have a real job and own my own place and have a car..." line? Probably not.


But don't get me wrong. If this job was nominated and selected as the contest job, I'd do it. I'd do it well. I'd even win the contest!


It's just my friends. Their dainty hands (CT), stylish ties (CM), long hair (JY), slow-motioness (AI) and lack of a MAC OS Leopard interface (AT) would not stand the wrath of the mighty conveyor belt.


Take heed or the conveyor belt WILL own you...



... with all said, if this EVER goes down it would be truly EPIC! Just imagine the antics that would go down. Hilarious!

Tags:

There are 4 comments:



At 6:41 AM, Blogger Lil Lex said...

Dude, I could do this job no problem. I was baking bagels, son. At 3 in the morning. I smelled like cornmeal for the rest of the day. And I had to clean the washrooms too.

The contest was to determine if those that never had a job like this could actually get their hands dirty. Trust me, grocery bag boy ain't got shit on me!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

Yes, but that job of yous -- you had many different roles. It was interesting.

Bag boying... well it's just bags.. bags.. bags and more bags!!!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Dude you kids need to get a job at a coffee shop...say Star bucks where the pseudo rich kids get their fixes! Tons of hot guys and girls... haha

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Working at a coffee shop? Who am I? Rachel (from friends)?

*shakes head*

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.