Oh Punk

Stream it, stream it good...

When it comes to bedroom music systems I'm really not a big fan of bookshelf stereos, CD players, FM clock radios or anything of that nature -- they're so 1996. Playing MP3's from a laptop? "Hey girl, give me a sec for Windows XP to boot up..."

... and iPod docking stations are only hype if you are sixteen. Think about it! Every time you feel like changing the song, you need to roll over to look at your iPod in it's little cradle. Who needs that kind of stress? Pass!

When I'm in bed and looking for some chill music or even some R. Kelly, I want it then and there. With that said, I installed one of these:



It's the Wireless DJ music system (CNET Review - Video Demo) from Logitech.

Simply attach a USB antenna to your computer and connect the supplied receiver to speakers in a different room. Pick up the iPod-like Bluetooth remote and take control of an on-demand music stream transmitted wirelessly from your computer to your room of choice. Bad-ass? Indeed.

I've been playing around with it this evening (it's morning now) and it's incredible -- and crystal clear! Browse through your computer's collection of music all from the palm of your hand. "Loosen up my buttons baby..."

The good news is that this product has been recently discontinued to make room for it's replacement, the Squeeze Box, so prices have been slashed-slashed-slashed. Get one while you can... if you can... unless you're content with your clock-radio / playing music from your stereo in the next room. Weak!

Who said you don't learn stuff on my blog? Geez!

Tags:

There are 5 comments:



At 7:17 AM, Blogger chinwhat said...

if you're plugging in the USB device into your computer, wouldn't you still be "Hey girl, give me a sec for Windows XP to boot up..."

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Shaun said...

Well yes if your main computer is off... I haven't shut down my main PC since November or so... so it's good to go!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger chris said...

Yo stop buying stuff! You know how many plastic bags you can get with that?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

damn it!!!!!!!!!!!

I want one...ahh well I will go back to manually flipping my songs manually

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Chris: It was CHEAP!!!

Ruby: Manually? UGH! No! This even has a party mod so you pass the remote around during a party and people ADD to the playlist. Pretty slick if you ask me. It also has to ability to add more receivers to other stereos around the house so the music can follow you room to room!!!

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.