Oh Punk

Green Posers: You think you can get away with it...

Going green is quite the fashionable trend these days. Recycle this, reuse that. It's an admirable lifestyle.

Unfortunately, it has created minions of green posers. Zombies who self-righteously stomp around spreading green militantly: "Who threw this can in the garbage can? Who? Tell me who damn it!"

Are they not the most annoying people ever? "I'm green, I'm better than you." Get the f-outta here.

These are the same people who drive over-sized SUVs, keep their air conditioning on frozen tundra mode and leave lights on in empty rooms. They're no better than animal activists who sport leather jackets. If you wanna be green, ditch the 4x4 and rock the bus pass.

When it comes to being green, my green initatives ...



... aren't so great. Winters in my living room are like the Bahamas; my thermostat is set to 90F. I drive around town in second gear, revving at 6500 RPM. I only use one side of paper and shoot aluminum cans / glass bottles like basketballs into garbage receptacles.

I understand that my carbon footprint is amongst the highest in the world, but at least I'm not a liar.

If you're going to truly be hardcore green, be true to yourself and be green. Don't just talk. F'ing posers.

Tags:

There are 5 comments:



At 5:59 AM, Blogger chinwhat said...

haha, we're all hypocrites!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lena! said...

I hate tree huggers. They rank right up there with Nazis and Vegans IMHO.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Agreed!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

WTF I hug trees and shall continute to do so in my SUV! haha I love to recylcle and sort trash...don't ask!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

2009 Hypocrite of the year goes to...

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.