Oh Punk

This is what I mean...

This is what I was talking about last post. I was at friend's for dinner. When I went to empty my plate in the garbage ...



... there were too many receptacle options. Three unlabeled containers: One for recylcling, one for composting and one for waste. Which was which? Who knows!

I didn't want to offend my friend and his tree-hugging ways, so I stood there confused for many moments. Eventually, I just gave up. Thanks for nothing Chin.

The point of the story is why bother? The Chindia region has a booming economy. It has an emerging middle class of almost 500 million people -- not including the peasants moving on up.

Their demands for needs (energy, clean water) and wants (automobiles, consumer products) are going to drive world pollutions levels to a scale no one has ever seen before.

Think they care about Kyoto? Think they care that a bulk of their energy is being produced comes from coal? NO! They're only interested in this "new" lifestyle.

So why bother? We're pretty much doomed environmentally. Live it up now, because when the skies turn permanently red ...



... you'll be kicking yourself.

Oh why did I deprive myself of air conditioning? -- and -- I should've just got the V8 SUV instead of the Yaris -- and -- Why did I waste days of my life sorting paper, plastic and food waste.

But what about the saying "Every little bit helps" -- that was the same saying the Polish horse-mounted cavalry said when they were trying to stop Nazi tanks in WWII.

Trust me on this one! Don't deprive yourselves. Enjoy now, because other's aren't going to leave any for you.

Tags:

There are 9 comments:



At 1:50 PM, Blogger chinwhat said...

***
I didn't want to offend my friend and his tree-hugging ways, so I stood there confused for many moments. Eventually, I just gave up. Thanks for nothing Chin.
***
100% false! why are you trying to portray me as someone who doesn't care about his friends? As soon as i saw your confused face, i told you to leave the plate of unfinished (aka wasted) chicken on the counter.

***
Trust me on this one! Don't deprive yourselves. Enjoy now, because other's aren't going to leave any for you.
***
I don't understand what i'm depriving myself of. And "leave any for" me? i don't understand...

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Greg said...

Its 500,000,000, or 500 million but its not "500,000,000 million". Because that number would be 500,000,000,000,000,000. I don't know what that number is, but I know thats not it.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Chin: Alright, you're right. Had I known which of the three was garbage though, I'd put it *ALL* in there. So by me not randomly throwing it into one of the three bins, I was showing compassion by not offending. See what I mean?

Greg: FIXED! The number is now readable..

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Gasp - the earth will seek revenge just watch

Rubex "tree hugging recyler" Cube

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Shaun said...

Says the girl who drives a truck that seats 8!!!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Νice ρost. I learn something totally new anԁ chаllenging оn websiteѕ I stumbleupon on a ԁaіly basis.
It's always interesting to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their sites.

Feel free to surf to my homepage http://www.bucket--truck.com/blog
Take a look at my blog post : bucket trucks for sale

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niсе post. I learn sοmething tοtally nеω and
challenging on wеbsites I ѕtumbleupon on a daily bаsiѕ.
It's always interesting to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their sites.

my weblog - http://www.bucket--truck.com/blog
my webpage: bucket trucks for sale

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brοtheг suggested I might liκe this web sitе.
He was entiгely right. This post trulу made my day.
You can not іmagine ϳust how much time I had spеnt
for thіs infοrmatiоn! Thankѕ!



Feel fгee to surf to my blog :: samstensunits.Com
my webpage: tens pain relief

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very great post. Ι ѕimply stumbled upon уοur blog anԁ wаnted to say that I've truly loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing in your rss feed and I'm hoping
you wгite again veгy ѕoon!

Feel fгee to visit my website ... tens

 

Post a Comment


Return to main page







.